IE or Explorer constant crash, PLEASE HELP!

E

Enforcer

I have been running XP prof. for some time now without major problem. But in the last week or so, whenever I surf the net or try to open my hotmail account through MSN messenger I get a constant IE error. "Internet Explorer has encountered an error and has to close" WHY!??? Why is this doing this now? If anyone has ANY idea please help, I want to avoid format or system restore if I can. My specs are:

1.3 Ghz 256 Ram
Win XP Prof build 2600

Thanks for your input

do you have anything like pop up stoppers running which may cause this?

try installing ie again see if that helps.......

yeah, I tried it, still go tons of IE crashes. Well guess what, I installed Netscape 6.2.2 and it works great. I like XP, but screw IE

enforcer, your second post looks like the purpose of your first post was to support the second post...you didn't give anyone a chance to help you...if advertising netscape is your agenda, lol, netscape sucks since aol got a hold orf it

Please, honestly, I am NOT advertising Netscape, but it did solve my Internet crashing problem. I think it was something with the Java, and the Java fix from Microsoft did not fix it. BUT I am still having problems with the explorer running windows crashing. It only happens when I try to open certain windows like My Network. ANy ideas, and please, this is NOT an advertisement, I LIKE MSFT products, I just don't like how they crash a lot.

sorry enforcer, I just thought you gave up too soon on ie, this fixed my problem pretty simply, I'll give you the easy one first, the one that's a little more involved.

go to add remove programs from the controll pane,click on remove windows components...find internet explorer, and check that, uninstall, restart, then go back there, and recheck the box, that'll reinstall ie, reboot, see if that repairs ie

if that doesn't work, try this method for repair;

To Reinstall IE6:

1) Insert the Win XP CD

2) Open Start / Run and type:
rundll32.exe setupapi,InstallHinfSection DefaultInstall 132 c:\windows\inf\ie.inf

Press ENTER

understand, the first method is not supposed to actually uninstall ie, but it will repair some problems, give that a shot first, get back, let me know if this helped

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back