IE no longer default browser???

Ferral_Imp

OSNN Senior Addict
Ok when I went to log onto the internet today, I got a message asking whether I wanted to use IE as my default browser or not. This makes no sense to me cuz it is my default browser and I haven't made any changes to my computer since I used it late last night into the early morning. Even more befuddling is the fact that I ran Norton, Spybot, and Pest patrol after getting offline last night/this morning and nothing came up on any of them.

Was this just a system glitch or is something else up that I should be worried about? :confused:

Attachments

• help6 17 04.JPG
    help6 17 04.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 95
Go to Internet options...programs...at the bottom you can change whether IE checks if it is the default browser.

I shouldn't think its anything to worry about... probably just IE being silly.

P.s Thundercats rocks :D

I wouldn't worry about it. But if it happanes again than it could be adware or spyware. Maybe try running adaware and spybot.

Thanks for the help everyone. I just got one more question. I checked under internet options under the program tag and the box next to where it says "Internet Explorer should check to see if is the default web browser" is unchecked. Is it supposed to be checked or doesn't it really have to?

<-----------total computer idiot

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back