IE nag when surfing ssl pages

• Thread starter periphrastic
  • Start date
P

periphrastic

I've been having a problem lately when surfing through secure pages with IE (v. 6.0.2800.1106 SP2 on XP Pro). Well, maybe it's not so much of a problem as it is a complaint.

Often times when I'm going through the checkout process when ordering things online, I get these annoying dialog boxes that popup when clicking through to different pages. They say:

"This page contains both secure and nonsecure items.

Do you want to display the nonsecure items?"

Of course I want to display the nonsecure items, but it's a real pain when I have to click Yes each time I click through to another page. I've tried messing with all the settings in IE itself in order to try to make it default to Yes in these situations, all to no avail. I've also searched through the forums here, and have had no luck as of yet.

Maybe someone here has some advice...I know it probably isn't that big of a deal in the long run, but if you are clicking through a bunch of secure pages and you are greeted with that dialog box every time, it starts to get on your nerves.

Thanks in advance for any help! :)

double click the little world icon in the bottom right of the browser

in the window that pops up, go to the tusted zpne, go to sites.

add whatever pages and sites you want

Thanks for the help :)

This definitely will make online ordering much easier.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back