IE is going really slowwww

the_music_man

aka prodj88 =P
I have a problem guys. i wasn't sure to make a new thread or use that IE one but anyway my problem is that IE is loading pages slow. and i have broadband and it shouldn't. and i know its not my internets fault b/c i used Realone and i browsed the internet using that and it went fast...i was confused b/c realone uses IE built in right? all my settings for IE are default ones so whats wrong?

Try reloading IE, Have you updated all patches? Sometimes the active x control plays goofy with Real player

Use Mozilla, or SLimbrowser lite version

When did you start noticing the problem? Do you remember installing anything prior to the slowdown occurring? If it was recently and you have an available restore point, then you might try a System Restore.

well i just formatted 3 days ago. and it started happening like 2 days ago... maybe my windows didn't install properly but i doubt that considering it hasn't before...

Maybe something went wrong during the Windows installlation.

i was thinkin about deleting temp files but it couldn't of gotten that big in 3 days lol?

just do it and see what happens. it's amazing how much crap you pick up in a day of surfing.

Did you apply any of the old tweaks yet!
Speed up web Browsing

""When you browse a network machine from a Windows 2000 or XP system, extra time is taken to determine if any scheduled tasks or printers are enabled on the destination computer.

Open your registry and find the key below: "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Microsoft/Windows/ CurrentVersion/Explorer/Remote Computer/NameSpace"

To disable checking for scheduled tasks delete the

{D6277990-4C6A-11CF-8D87-00AA0060F5BF} sub-key.

To disable checking for printers delete the

{2227A280-3AEA-1069-A2DE-08002B30309D} sub-key.

The change should take effect immediately. ""

Lots of the usual tweaks, you remember like turning off about half of the XP visual performance options!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back