IE homepage taken over.....

Reg said:
Ad-aware can remove those, you just need to change the settings. Run a custom scan and tell it it search inside archives, search all files and folders, and then run it. From what I have found, a custom scan works MUCH better than the preferred scan.

AAW is been prevented from running. Afte CWS has ran then yes AAW should be able to clean up unless something else is blocking it.

Ad-Aware, hijackthis, and Spybot are good to use to remove it. The other best method is not to click yes to every javasript pop up you see ;)

Johnny said:
Ad-Aware, hijackthis, and Spybot are good to use to remove it. The other best method is not to click yes to every javasript pop up you see ;)
*cough*mozilla*cough* no popups :)

Heeter you can try regcleaner in instances like this too. If you delete the registry entrees it cuts the head off the monster.

I check my system once a week with regcleaner and its always amazing how something I never heard of has snuck into the system.

I delete the reg entry then delete the folder where it was pointing to.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back