IE content advisor problem.

L

lizardking

Hi!
My friend recently bought a new computer and installed XP Home on it. She signed up for AOL and then unistalled it and is using Verizon or something as her new ISP. However, everytime she connects to the internet, she gets a system dialog box that says something about Content advisor thinks that the page may be unsuitable for viewing and prompts her to input a password with username as Supervisor. All this when she is logged in as Administrator. Her security settings are at low and she does not have an account called Supervisor. her default page is not set to a password protected site either. Can anyone help?
Thanks
LK

In Internet Explorer, go to the 'tools' pull-down menu at the top> Internet Options> 'content' tab... that's where the 'content advisor' lives. As far as a password goes... dunt have a clue.

Supervisor password

Thanks. However, When the settings are tried to be changed, the user is prompted for the Supervisor password. Somehow a Supervisor password has been set and I have no idea as to what to do. Is there a crack or a tweak for this? I bet u can mess with the registry key and do something.
Anybody?

rofl, I just enabled the content advisor and set a password to see if I could searh the registry to find it, i couldn't. the funny part was that I couldn't even surf this site, each link I hit popped it up asking for the password, lol.

For all I know, you're a 10 year old kid wanting to search for baaaad things... this is my last post on this subject.

Delete the registry key!

Thats what i did finally. Run REGEDIT. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.....Software......Microsoft.....Windows.....CurrentVersion....Policies. Delete the folder Ratings there and U r free to run all over the internet like a dog in frenzy.
Should have thought of it before. :)
Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back