Ie connection sharing

L

lankester

HArdware :

1 pc running xp with pci adsl modem. realtek network card with cable to hub port 1. Cable from hub port 2 to wall mounted panel,cat 5 down to office to another panel,cablt to pc 2 running Me.

network is working fine

Problem : i am unable to browse the net from pc 2(me) even though i have a icon in the task bar saying internet gateway connected, when i say browse i am able to view 2web sites currentley NME and ebay if i pt in any other web address i just get back error unable to find page.

any ideas, hints/tips

rgds

rich

This could be an MTU problem. Try lowering the MTU on the XP machine (I think). Instructions can be found if you search the forum I believe.

Mate just tried altering mtu following distructions and guess wot still does not work?? Thanks anyway

You running any software firewalls on either of the computers (like ZoneAlarm)?

JJB6486

i have firewall activated via windows (i have checke the box to allow others on network to use internet connection)and pc-cillin 20002 with firewall enabled.

BUGGER ME!!!! Praise the Lord,

Its working,

It apperars that one fundamental piece of imformation was never passed on, or does not apply in all cases. Basically i followed the advice and tutorial given in earlier post, at the time i have only been rebooting the CLIENT machine , never has it said reboot the HOST pc, but due to some maintenace i had to carry out earlier today i had to turn both machines off. I then powered the client pc on then the Host, not expecting to see great things for the IE on the client machine i gave it a whirl.............the rest is history.

Thanks to all that have given there input.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back