• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

IE Autosearch

E

Etarded

Does anyone know how to change the default website IE uses when you autosearch from the address bar? I'm on winxp pro. I just rather have google search from the address bar, then have a MSN search. :D

Perris Calderon

Staff member
Political User
when the search screen appears, you should have a "change preferences" button, if you don't, right click in the window, and see if you can find preferences, once you click on that, if google is not an option, then try typing it in, if that doesn't work, there is a link which will make google your default search...I don't have it here, but I'm sure the moderator does, if not, one of the real experts will post it on this string for you...keep your eyes out for it

E

Etarded

ugh....still nothing yet... damn microsoft and how they make things more complicated! I tried lookin into the registry, but can't seem to edit it in xp. :(

Perris Calderon

Staff member
Political User
ok...if your search is the old style, on the right is a custom button, click it, and another custom button pops up, the rest is self explanetory, if you have the new xp style search, with the animated helper, see my last post

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evaiwhitis