IE Auto Refreshing Each 5 Seconds on Every Web Page

kcnychief

??? ??? ?
Political Access
Just ran into this, as it was the first time I came across it and thought it was rather odd/interesting I would post incase others experience it.

No matter what pages a user would go to, the site itself would go and refresh every 5 seconds without fail. This happened for all 10 of the test pages I went to on his PC, each and everytime. Resetting his web settings, windows updates, emptying Internet Cache provided no help.

I decided to run a Hijackthis scan just to take a peek and noticed something odd -

hj1ma6.jpg

His proxy server was actually pointing back to the local host. I went to look at it under Internet Options, and found this -

hj2ok2.jpg

Since it was checked and greyed out, I removed it using HJT, rebooted and all was well again. IE was no longer automatically refreshing pages at repeated 5 second intervals. Believe it or not, the user has dealt with this issue ever since he got his PC in April of last year.

Yeah was rather excited, can't believe he "lived with it" for near a year :eek:

Came to a point today where he couldn't deal anymore, was trying to get driving directions and the forms kept blanking every 5 seconds before he could submit it :p

you mean.. it's not normal??!?! :s :eek:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back