IE and firefox issues

failurbydesign

music MUSIC music
Political Access
Im not sure whats goin on but my ie and firefox are givin me a hard time. First FireFox wont load certain sites java pics and now IE wont as well. I have updated the java to the newest, also when i got o0n myspace to check out bands, the band music wont load. It says "loading XML" and thats it and at theb ottom left it says "done" Any ideas??

What do you mean by java images? Do you have trouble with all java on sites? Can you view applets?

As for myspace, I've never seen an audio player on a page (only been a handful of times) but I'm guessing it's just a flash player that uses xml to parse the music information to display on the player. Can you see normal xml files? For example, if you go here do you see an xml document? If so, then I'm guessing you're not having problems with the browser or java but with flash and should try re-installing it.

Ok i went to that link you send and the first pic if from that site. The second pic is from the myspace music player (i updated all my flash and shockwave), the third pic is autotrader through firefox andthe fourth is auto trader with IE (extenion IE TAB)

Last edited:
The XML file from your first pic displayed correctly.

Can you do me a quick favor since you're here...post links to those pages so I can go there without typing in character by character from your screenshots. To me I've seen no java yet at auto trader or anything on the site that would make me think there's java anywhere.

Links please...

Well, you're not missing anything on the my space account music, pretty basic chord progressions. :p

Seriously though, that's a flash player and has nothing to do with java.

The images on the autotrader page are just jpegs that are loaded into javascript (not java) and displayed. Can you see the images here: http://autotrader.com/fyc/img_popup.jsp?car_id=195881900

Those are straight up jpegs with no javascript loading. I'm sorry, let me think about this for a bit and I'll get back to you. Seems like maybe--maybe--you're having trouble with javascript in which case your browser could be screwy but it shouldn't effect both browsers.

Do you have a firewall like Kerio or ZA that may be blocking the images?

...I don't know... Let me think more on it...

mfarley said:
Well, you're not missing anything on the my space account music, pretty basic chord progressions. :p

Seriously though, that's a flash player and has nothing to do with java.

The images on the autotrader page are just jpegs that are loaded into javascript (not java) and displayed. Can you see the images here: http://autotrader.com/fyc/img_popup.jsp?car_id=195881900

Those are straight up jpegs with no javascript loading. I'm sorry, let me think about this for a bit and I'll get back to you. Seems like maybe--maybe--you're having trouble with javascript in which case your browser could be screwy but it shouldn't effect both browsers.

Do you have a firewall like Kerio or ZA that may be blocking the images?

...I don't know... Let me think more on it...

HA, well not just that music, i like listing to new music so i can add to my music collection ill mess with flash and what not, about the images, they dont load at all...i uninstalled firefox last night..a clean uninstall and installed today but the same error. My windows firewall if off, no ZA or kerio. I use AVg as my antivirus...

Last edited:
I don't think AVG has any pop-up/ad blocker but can't remember. How did you do a clean uninstall of Firefox? Did you also remove the profile folder or just re-install. If you didn't remove that folder it will keep those old settings.

I still don't think it has to do with the browser since it seems to be affecting both IE and FF.

As for the link I gave you, I lied it does use javascript (sorry--didn't look at the code until now) and I'm willing to bet something on your end is interfering with the javascript.

In FF, go to Tools | Options | Content and make sure 'Load images' nad 'Enable javascript' are both ticked.

They are checked, under enable javascript..there is options...which of yours are selected?

None are really pertinent to this I don't think but I have the top 3 checked. You can check them all just to be safe and try again.

Hopefully someone will come along and rescue you, I'll check back tomorrow and hopefully will have a few answers for you.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back