ie and explorer crashing for no reason!

forcer

OSNN Senior Addict
as soon as i open a folder or try to go on a website.. it crashes explorer and or internet explorer... and it worked fine until i restarted but now i come back thats happened and i have no clue why... is there a way to fix it or find out why? i scanned for errors and there wasnt any.

I had exactly the same problem,more so with windows explorer and never did find out the problem.
I ended up reinstalling windows cause it was getting ridiculous :mad:

i spent months tweaking the bloodly thing. i'll wait n see if theres an easier solution first

try to run a virus scanner and also check to see if you may need to defrag ..

Have you eliminated memory errors?
Do you get error messages or does it just refuse to respond?

it says its caused an error and its now closing.

I've been getting this a lot recently and it seems to be accompanied by more and more pop-ups, especially when my home page(MSN) or hotmail is selected. Otherwise there is no rhyme or reason and it can crash even when I do something as simple as selecting the Favorites menu . In the details tab (after it crashes) it says it is a problem with user.exe. Does this mean anything to anyone?

Dave

Sounds like you might have tweaked it a tad too much. Try backing it off a bit or if you have a recent point try doing a system retore.

Yeah...I had a huge problem with Win Explorer....I would open it, click on a file, and it would crash.

Fix: Reinstalling windows. (Unfortunate)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back