IE Address bar problem

T

tokey22

Hi!

I cleared the history and temp files in IE, but there are still some address that didn't erase. How do i delete the other address ..

ie: i type in www.b... and i get a bunch of address that start with www.b...

i cleared the history several times but it still shows the other address..

thanks!

try turning off inline autocomplete, then turning it back on...it seems to be cached some other way since it caches multiple fields and they are not all stored in the history..also make sure then when you do a clear that you clear all files and cookies to be sure :)

I've been having this prob too. Auto complete is off, and I clear cookies and files every day or so.

nothing has changed

i tried all your suggestions and it did not work.. anything else?

cheers!

IE History

In IE, click Tools - Internet Options - Clear History.

well duh!

I know how to clear the history. if that basic option had worked i wouldn't have posted anything.

but thanks

That's a strange problem. Do you have more then one account set up on your computer? Maybe you need to clear the history/temp files/cookies in another account or something. I'm the only user on my computer (auto logon as administrator) and I've never encountered this problem.

I have a GAME account and the main account i use ..

i have cleared both temp directorys and history directories and cleared the history in internet options.

still shows the other address... :(

Dunno what to tell you. I've never seen this problem posted before and don't know a fix. I have one more 'you can try this' suggestion. Log in under the 'Administrator' account and go through the motions there too. :confused: Good luck.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back