IE ActiveX Issues

H

Hematic

Ok thanks in advance, everyone is always so helpful. :)

Every freaking time i try to browse the net, im using Avant Browser, latest build, (but the same issue occurs with my IE) and i run into an activeX control, it gives me the message....

"Your current security settings prohibit running activex controls on this page. As a result, the page may not display correctly."

Now i am not a PC newbie, but i cant figure this out. I even went so far as to set my internet security down to the absolute minimum, turn off all the protections, and see if it would work. It doesnt. it seems nothing i do will allow me to access ActiveX controls

Can someone please help me, under "Tools, internet options, security" right now all the options dealing with activeX are set to enable. (i know this isnt safe) and the stuff STILL isnt working.

I have sygate personal firewall 5.1
if it IS a firewall issue, what can i do to fix it?

First try disabling your firewall to see if that takes care of the problem. I use the same firewall and browser as you and I don't have any activeX related problems.

Hey this is me, hematic under another name at work, my firewall has been disabled and it still doesnt work. i repeat it is NOT a firewall issue. What now?

little help please, this is truly becoming frustrating....

i WILL keep spamming this with my own posts to keep this at the top, till ig et some help :)

spamming spamming spamming away, someone please repsond and help me with this. i cant do ANYTHing with active x.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back