Ie 6

N

Narcissus

Hi, a few days ago i had to reinstal XP, since then internet explorer has been playing up, on web pages some pics dont load only a square box where the picture should be with a red X in it..

Anyone have any ideas

athlon 17xp
256mb ram
geforce 4

Have you checked here> IE/tools/internet options/advanced.
See if the box for pictures is set right. (ticked or unticked??)

yeah ive tried that, ive installed a diff version of java too i read somewhere that that could help, but still no pics, i dont understand because all my software and hardware is the same as it was before i reinstalled xp

thanx :)

ive just tried what u suggested Hipster, no change also did an xp update as it said on the knowledge base @ microsoft, still nothing, looks like ill just have to put up with it, just when i thought id found a more reliable windows the bugs start coming out!!

I don't want to sound stupid here but,,,
Look in your favs for the links folder open it and look for toggle images.exe give it a click and then refresh the page.

Nothing to loose give it a go, I had same problem when i first used XP

good luck best regards......Cupid

Here ya go. This got posted earlier today.

by neo1980
go to C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc and open HOSTS file with notepad and find image.com.com to remove any gamespot problem and MSN for any msn problem and so on, u gotta use the find option.

Whoever tried it copied the file then deleted it & it worked.

IE Problem

Check to make sure that you still have all the plugins that you had before (macromedia flash, quicktime, etc.)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back