IE 6 Uninstall/Re-Install procedure?

X

xp dude

I updated IE6 the other day and have had nothing but problems since then. At first, it would immediately close anytime I tried to open or go to any webpage. I can't check my hotmail from Outlook 2002, Outlook Express 6, or IE 6. There must be a procedure to uninstall IE 6. The add/remove programs doesn't uninstall, just removes the icons (and associations). If I manually delete the IE folder contents and registry keys and try to re-install from the IE 6 upgrade I downloaded before switching to XP Pro, it says I already have the latest version installed and won't proceed further? I have ran 3 different trojan scanners and 2 antivirus programs and am confident I have no viruses causing these problems. Any ideas? Is there a procedure for uninstalling IE 6?

Um sadly the procedure for uninstalling IE6 is uninstalling windows...your only hope is to do a system restore back before the problem began sorry dude =o(

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back