IE 6 Problems

J

jason2slow

this is a very weird problem. I can't use my ie, it will not load any page, but it trys to, and there is a working internet connection because i can use everything else like fire bird and other things that need internet access...anyone have anything on this? (win xp pro)

hmmm ... could be settings - try to put all the setting as far as security and such to default , and also - are you using a proxy ???

Someone was having the same issue yesterday. If I find the thread Ill put the link here later. Don't think they have a fix yet.

Do any programs that need updating work or is it only IE?

Sounds like a DNS resolution problem and maybe a corrupt host file. There are workarounds but the easiest way is to reinstall IE.

Reinstall IE:

Download just the setup file: http://download.microsoft.com/download/ie60/ie6setup.exe to a directory.
For example C:\IE6_FULL
Then do a Start / Run
Enter in the following command (with the quotes):
"C:\IE6_FULL\ie6setup.exe" /c:"ie6wzd.exe /d /s:""#E"
You will then get a dialog box with what operating systems you want to download and the folder where you want them to go.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back