IE 6 in windows xp problem

O

omegaucv

i just installed winxp pro and installed ALL the updates. For some reason IE wont allow me to download files on ANY webpages. The only way i can download is if i connect via FTP in IE. I tryed Opera and im able to download files perfectly. Someone tested IE on their pc and found no problems. For some reason when i use IE to download files the normal way (http links) it wont save the full file. my pc specs are as follows.

P3 750
over 300sdram pc-133
50gig hdd
winxp pro with updates.

:p

does anyone not know post anything so i atleast acknowledge someone is reading this.

check your internet security settings and the advanced tab for anything out of the ordinary

:p

i checked and nothing seams wrong. Can u post what you have selected so i can compare? maybe a screen shot image?

After writing down all you current settings on the Advanced Page - how about:
Tools, options, advanced, Restore Default Settings????

There are two entires on the advanced page concerning FTP - neither are checked on my set up!

those are checked off for me as well. i dunno what is causing this.

have you got the latest build 3805 of msjav from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/

or windowsupdate

Its the Jarva console. (when installed you need to check the box in Internet options labeled "use java console". a reboot is required after.

mm..

Enabling that Java thing seamed to fix the problem. But i'm still testing the downloading. I will post as soon as i see a problem.

ok it doesnt work. it still cuts off the download for no reason. It was working for a few seconds then it cut off.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back