• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

IE 6 in windows xp problem

O

omegaucv

i just installed winxp pro and installed ALL the updates. For some reason IE wont allow me to download files on ANY webpages. The only way i can download is if i connect via FTP in IE. I tryed Opera and im able to download files perfectly. Someone tested IE on their pc and found no problems. For some reason when i use IE to download files the normal way (http links) it wont save the full file. my pc specs are as follows.

P3 750
over 300sdram pc-133
50gig hdd
winxp pro with updates.

D

duder

check your internet security settings and the advanced tab for anything out of the ordinary

O

omegaucv

:p

i checked and nothing seams wrong. Can u post what you have selected so i can compare? maybe a screen shot image?

damnyank

I WILL NOT FORGET 911
After writing down all you current settings on the Advanced Page - how about:
Tools, options, advanced, Restore Default Settings????

There are two entires on the advanced page concerning FTP - neither are checked on my set up!

O

omegaucv

mm..

Enabling that Java thing seamed to fix the problem. But i'm still testing the downloading. I will post as soon as i see a problem.

O

omegaucv

ok it doesnt work. it still cuts off the download for no reason. It was working for a few seconds then it cut off.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies