IE 6.0 Quick ?

E

efeezee

How can I set it as a default to see the status bar at the bottom of the page. I like to see what links I am hovering over, etc, and it is annoying as hell having to add it manually every time... THANKS!!

Not working...

Some people have told me that View -- Status works for the current session, but is turning off each time they start a new IE session. Any registry edits you know of???

bwp:confused:

mrenticon, noticed that too - drives me mad!

I can't see it changing any setting, but i never browse with the status bar off and everytime i logon i have to turn it back on...something weird going on

Ritchie.

Enable to View the Status Bar and then go to View/Toolbars and check the Lock Toolbars.

That must solve your problem.

Cheers :beer:

LaterZzz

hmm.....

I have suffered the same problem....
but then i figured that IE always saves its state before exiting like... "Not minimized windows' side and possition"

So, this is what I did... I opened one IE browser, then went to "Vew >> Status Bar" then I exited that browser...
It saves the state... but wait a min... next time it does have a status bar, but when you open a new window "Ctrl + N", that window does have it...
weird.

Solution?

Haven't tried this myself, but someone suggested choosing "View...Status" and then going to Folder Options and choosing: Apply to all folders.

Does this work?

And then close the default IE browser and reopen it... I don't think looking the toolbar actually saves the the status bar...

Laters.

Originally posted by UniSol
btw Syedur, is you avatar lesbian anime? or my bad eye sight?
:D :) :( ;) :rolleyes: :cool: :p :mad: :confused: :eek:

No, you stupid jerk! ^_^

Its from one of my favorite anime series call "Love Hina." Its about a guy being manager at the girls dorm and trying to go to Tokyo University. Yes, its full of some pretty girls.

Attaching a cool wallpaper from that series...

lovehina_07_small.jpg

Originally posted by AlecStaar
It's the same way with Explorer.exe....not saving their last size & positions onscreen as well!

Has anyone found a way to permanently set the "New Window" option to Maximize? Every once in a while, a new window will open small, then they always open small. Later, I get it to open maximized somehow, and new windows are all maximized...for awhile. Any thoughts?

If this is true...

then MS blew an obvious setting in IE 6.0... hard to believe they would screw something up :)

Seems no one has had any luck with the status bar or CTRL+N functions...

E

ah yes. I get the problems with Control + N, opening in New Window. I have to go to View -> Status Bar everytime. Haven't found a way around it :(

and mrenticon, I get that problem too :(

ahhh, stupid Internet Explorer..

As for me, the Ctrl+N command works fine for me, status bar and maximized... without doing nothing special.
what I don't understand is why IE randomly opens not maximized, in a small window ?

disappearing status bar?

Dont know if this is what you Guys are looking for but if it is here is a solution, Hope i am not off track, If i am just use for future use, please read on>>> XP's IE status bar disappearing

I dislike XP's default cartoony theme, so I switched my UI theme back to classic mode. But in classic mode, using IE 6.0, often times when I have IE windows open and either open a new window or follow a link in a new window, the new window appears with no status bar (the original window retains its status bar). This automatic turning off of IE's status bar is very annoying; I have to constantly manually turn it back on after I open new windows. I don't think this is a problem in the XP theme (at least, I've never seen it while running my Guest account, which uses the XP theme), but it happens all the time in my Classic theme. Microsoft's knowledge base doesn't seem to address this at all (maybe because no one finds this problem in the default XP theme?). Does anyone know how to fix this so that all of my new IE windows always have status bars? Go into Windows Explorer, enable the status bar, then go into the folder options and click the button that makes all folders look like the current one. Then reopen explorer.
That should have done the trick. You shouldn't have to resest them, just Tools | Folder Options | Apply to All Folders

Make sure you have the status bar enabled then click apply to all folders, then reopen your window... Thats what I did to fix that problem

Originally posted by mrenticon

Has anyone found a way to permanently set the "New Window" option to Maximize? Every once in a while, a new window will open small, then they always open small. Later, I get it to open maximized somehow, and new windows are all maximized...for awhile. Any thoughts?
Has anyone found a way to permanently set the "New Window" option to Maximize? Every once in a while, a new window will open small, then they always open small. Later, I get it to open maximized somehow, and new windows are all maximized...for awhile. Any thoughts? [/B][/QUOTE] I had that problem and what i did was manually size your window to the fullest by taking your mouse Pointer and going along the edge of the (small sized web page) very slowly until you see the pointer turn into Black Arrows then manually Drag the bottom and sides and top of the web page until it enlarges to a full screened web page and the next time you go to a web page it should be full size until you change it! If this is not the problem you are having, I apologize for misunderstanding, TOM

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back