IE 6.0 and Kazaa Trouble, help please

O

osumarc

Hi, every time I am running kazaa and internet explorer at the same time I run into this problem. The minute I try and type anywhere in an internet explorer window with kazaa running, IE crashes. I have all the latest updates for both IE and Kazaa. I haven't run into this problem without kazaa running. And I really can't remember exactly when it started, but I want to say its only been about a week. have no clue what to do about it, outside of using kazaa, which I like to use. Any thoughts appreciated.

you need to reformat, and never install or mention the word kazaa, then you will be fixed.

Originally posted by osumarc
Hi, every time I am running kazaa and internet explorer at the same time I run into this problem. The minute I try and type anywhere in an internet explorer window with kazaa running, IE crashes. I have all the latest updates for both IE and Kazaa. I haven't run into this problem without kazaa running. And I really can't remember exactly when it started, but I want to say its only been about a week. have no clue what to do about it, outside of using kazaa, which I like to use. Any thoughts appreciated.

i know what the problem is, its the spyware on kazaa, that screwed up ie for me too, u have to remove it first

That is a common problem with Kazaa, the best thing to do is to not open another browser when you are using Kazaa. I know this isn't the answer you wanted but I dont know if there is any way around the problem.

found at least part of the problem

I have been using an older version of mcafee virus scan, the problem only occurs when all 3 are running together. I am gonna try to get a different virus scanner and see how that works out. And yes I now that Kazaa sucks

remove the spyware

Go to www.lavasoft.com get ad-aware remove the spyware from your computer then replace the cydoor dll (windows/system32) and that should fix it:cool:

I don't think the dummy cydoor file works on Kazaa.

P.S. I hate Kazaa.

new antivius fixed problem

well I installed the new norton and now I have not had a problem yet. I still hate spyware, but until I find a real good alternative for kazaa, I will be stuck I guess. By the way suggestions for good alternatives? I have tried winmx: don't like it. Morpheus is gone. Don't really know what else is out there.

I am using the fake dll

I am on kazza as I write this and I dont get any ads at all with the fake dll installed and all spyware removed :D so yes it works just fine like I said www.lavasoft.com for ad-aware and the dll:p

Really? hmmm...CyDoor is apparently not too bad now...They got a lot of heat, but they've tuned it down...

I would've use Kazaa if they had taken out the BDE projector. I hate that piece of crap. You can't uninstall it without uninstalling Kazaa. And it's not a nice media player. In fact, it sucks and it is spyware...

bah, sticking with WinMX and eDonkey2000...

thanks Kermit worked great

thanks kermit, that seems to work great, as for not being able to remove the bde projector, I was able to remove it simply using the xp add/remove. didn't effect my installation of kazaa. Finally, I am spyware free, until the next program gets me. Thanks all

adaware pick up that dll as spyware

is that simply because the dll is suposed to be tricking kazaa, so it is thinking it is actually spyware also?

coolies

Well with ad-aware you will be able to find the spy crap and keep it clean!!!!!! and yes the fake dll tricks kazza into thinking its still untouched........ and your welcome :D :D

duh sorry cant read lol

yes add the new fake dll to the ignore in ad-aware its clean but because it has the exact name ad-aware will asume the worst lolol but rest assured the fake dll is not doing anything except tricking kazza :D :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back