Identifying P4 C1?

D

Dlovely

I'm trying to purchase a C1 version of the P4, I'm not really sure how to go about purchasing one and where. I'm looking for a decent speed but obviously not the the 3.06 because of price. If anyone can suggest a speed and how to identify and then purchase one, i'd appreciate the feedback.

thanks

The C1 chips are available from 1.8 up to 3.06 although the lower speed C1's are harder to find and are more readily available as OEM chips. The voltage on C1 p4's is 1.525 rather than 1.5 for the B0. It states the voltage on the chip. The best thing to do is to go and look around in your stores for the known C1 s-specs which can be found at http://processorfinder.intel.com/scripts/list.asp?ProcFam=483&CorSpd=ALL&SysBusSpd=ALL&PkgType=ALL
Are you going to be overclocking, if so I would recommend the 1.8 or the 2.4.

jumpy

Jumpy-

i plan on overclocking in the middle somewhere so its stable and won't fry. i was thinking in the 2.4 range myself but when it came to checking sites such as www.newegg.com, i couldn't tell which are which. I checked out that site u gave, so im guessing i just check the #'s and if they match and i purchase, then i will get a C1? are the C1 chips that much better and what chip would you recommend at the current time C1 or not.

thanks

On the link I gave - click each one of those codes for the speeds you are interested and it tells you the stepping, whether it is OEM or retail and some other details. If you order off newegg you won't be able to check the s-code and therefore won't get a definite C1, but it is more likely you'll get a C1 you get a 2.4.

A 1.8 is a good cheap option that will generally overclock to 2.4 on stock hsf and perhaps a touch more voltage. Whereas the 2.4 is a little pricier but still should clock fairly high. It also depends on the type of memory you have. There is of course the option of 400fsb or 533fsb for the 2.4.

The C1 chips are said to be slightly more stable than the previous stepping but generally B0 stepping clock just as high, so if you can't find any C1 chips, dont worry, it'll still do very well for anything that you need it for :)

Thanks man for the info, i appreciate it. I doubt there will be a huge diff. b/w the C1 and other version but in my head it does. Besides I plan on keeping it for a while so why not get what I want? lol

later

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back