Identical keyboard drivers?

T

terrypin

I'm not clear why Windows Update is listing what seem to be two identical items in my list of possible downloads. Both are: "Microsoft Keyboard Driver Version 2.00.000.300; Released on July 02 2001" and have same size etc.

The existing driver for my USB Keyboard is shown by Device Manager as
Driver Date: 01/07/2001
Driver Version: 5.1.2600.0

I see the intended update is just a day newer, but the version number doesn't bear much relation.

Can anyone offer any insights please?

Terry, West Sussex, UK

are u seeing this in windows update when u choose to scan for new updates of the windows update catalog? cuz the catalog often has different versions for different keyboards in different countries...

I've learned not to trust completely, the 'scan for' updates section. When I had a generic keyboard, it insisted on giving me two sets of logitech 1.83 drivers {I did have a logitech deluxe 104 cheapie, drivers not needed} which locked up my machine.
I've since learned to research first, the updates from m$, seems they haven't quite got it together yet ;)

Thanks both. I'll be wary of trusting the MS recommendations too readily.

Terry, West Sussex, UK

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back