Not an issue Idea to help fight spammers .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny

.. Commodore ..
Political Access
I think you should confirm members before letting them post. That might get rid of the spammers a little easier ..

we do that for the most part johnny, but we also have some filters that allow certain posts to get through without having to get a mod to approve the post

those filters work pretty good, a few do get through though and I know it's annoying but you should see what does not get through

i just keep reporting spammy posts when they come up, then if they aren't delt with in a timely manner then we can bitch to the mods :)

The spam filter actually does a really good job and I do think it blocks a good deal of the total.

May I know the function of spam filter and how it works? and how to tell if a certain post is a spam? I'm just curious guys..

May I know the function of spam filter and how it works? and how to tell if a certain post is a spam? I'm just curious guys..

No, you can't. That is a top secret setup to keep people from getting through it.

We don't give that info to people with one post. I am sure you can understand ..

I doubt it would be publicised at all :)

If you are smart though you just go get the spam filter code and look through it yourself :)

If the developers are smart it'll be encrypted or hosted on a 3rd party server with an API :)

I doubt it would be publicised at all :)

If you are smart though you just go get the spam filter code and look through it yourself :)

If the developers are smart it'll be encrypted or hosted on a 3rd party server with an API :)

Yep, and people with one post asking for the info sounds mighty fishy, if you know what I mean ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back