IDE to SATA

X-Istence

Political Access
I personally own this one: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812156010 it connects to an IDE hard drive, to turn it into a SATA drive. I believe that is what you want. I have a total of 4, and they are excellent.

Contrary to what people say on newegg, it is extremely fast, getting about 60 MB/sec sustained from the hard drives that it is attached to, over the IDE bus on the same computer I would get about 50 MB/sec sustained. Absolutely love the device.

cpomd

OSNN Addict
I have a P4V8X-X Which has a SATA socket could I use this adaptor and boot straight off? Is any speed increase worth the effort?

X-Istence

Political Access
I have a P4V8X-X Which has a SATA socket could I use this adaptor and boot straight off? Is any speed increase worth the effort?

Depends on the IDE controller that is onboard. In my case I gained some speed, which really is negated when the drive is not doing just a straight read from /dev/null write to the hard drive. As soon as it has to scatter read/writes again, the speed improvements will be negligible.

Yes you would be able to boot using this adapter.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.
Terrahertz wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Yo fellas!
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Where are you buddy?
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Hey EP! All good with me, applying for Microsoft MVP right now, should have done this a while ago.

Notifications don't work, I only found your response by coming back to hunt up some threads, if you want, give me your email address so we can keep in touch easier!
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
EP, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AntonioPR