Ide drive = cdrom and burner ???

M

Misery

Hii there..!

I got huge problems with my cdrom and burner, the xp shows my drives but they dont work, it shows ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !. what should I do, I got to the manufacture site, and there can I also not find the drivers, cause its plug and play drivers, but the strange is, that I can see my drives in CDRWIn, and burn copy can I also do, windows xp dont show my cdrom drives on my computer, plz help what can I do, I have tried with reinstall delete them, but it does not work ????????????????????????????????????

Regards..

Misery

Dude I had the same problem. Windows sees them but cant load the drivers for them. What type of burner and software are you using? It can be a combination of things because of how Xp utilizes it. I only trust Roxio and Nero right now. My brother had Fireburner earlier and it caused problems like this. I have a Plexwriter 40x12x40 with the latest firmware update which is running fine now. Well the way I had to eventually fix this problem was to roll back XP to an earlier date. Not to take the easy way out but it sure solved alot of headaches.

I got it to work again, yehaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa thanks for this, that was a thread earlier that showed me what the problem could be, thanks very much to that person who find out how to solve the problem, and here it comes.. :

SUPER HINT

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/System/CurrentControlSet/Control/Class{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

Highlight the CDRom Drive Key(s) delete the Values UpperFilters and/or LowerFilters

Open Device Manager (Winkey-Break or start/run type 'sysdm.cpl / Hardware Tab)

Remove the entry for the cd device(s) then restart.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back