ID3 and MP3 help

luish

OSNN Senior Addict
Hey !

I used a program to add id3 info to some mp3's but it downloaded wrong info and the thing is that it changed the files name too.

is there a program that can repair it ? like finding the right id3's of each file and thus, renaming the files back ?

thanks.

I've used the MusicBrainz Tagger in the past. I found that it works pretty well for most types of English music. It basically compares the "accoustic fingerprint" (TRM ID) of the song against its online database, and tags the song if there's a match. You can also configure it to rename the files based on specific ID3 tags.

http://musicbrainz.org/tagger/

NetRyder said:
I've used the MusicBrainz Tagger in the past. I found that it works pretty well for most types of English music. It basically compares the "accoustic fingerprint" (TRM ID) of the song against its online database, and tags the song if there's a match. You can also configure it to rename the files based on specific ID3 tags.

http://musicbrainz.org/tagger/

I think that, that is the program who made all the trouble :)

You're going to have to manually fix everything. It did it for a few albums I have too.

But it's not a bad program because this was only about 30 songs out of 1500.

Wow, you guys are brave using that program. I fed it 40 songs out of my collection and it only ID'd 30 of them and found 2 it wanted to upload my ID3 data on. Those 2 songs were very popular and should already have been in the database.

Since that database is built on user uploads it can contain major amounts of bad info. I'm uninstalling it now....

PS luish. You get to re ID them by hand. Last time I had to do ID's by hand I used musicmatch but that was 6 years ago.

LeeJend said:
Wow, you guys are brave using that program. I fed it 40 songs out of my collection and it only ID'd 30 of them and found 2 it wanted to upload my ID3 data on. Those 2 songs were very popular and should already have been in the database.

Since that database is built on user uploads it can contain major amounts of bad info. I'm uninstalling it now....

PS luish. You get to re ID them by hand. Last time I had to do ID's by hand I used musicmatch but that was 6 years ago.
Well I have a huge MP3 collection (over 250 GB of the stuff) and I am always renaming the files because I am ana* with folders and organisation and stuff...

Anyway....I use Tag&Rename to fix all my audio files.

It's awsome and does everything I need it to: http://www.softpointer.com/tr.htm

Give it a go...it may help your problem.

Yeah .. The godfather and teg&rename are the best ones to use ..

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back