• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

ID needed on this information

ok the info is on a pic and i need to know

will an amd 1600+ cpu work on it.

i dont know the full name of the computer so i cant ask compaq but my friend really wants to know, can the good people of NTFS help me???

Sazar

F@H - Is it in you?
Staff member
Political User
Originally posted by canadian_divx
ok the info is on a pic and i need to know

will an amd 1600+ cpu work on it.

i dont know the full name of the computer so i cant ask compaq but my friend really wants to know, can the good people of NTFS help me???
dunno if the board will support it...

the voltage requirements and heatsink clips may not be adequate on the compaq board...

I had almost the same system before.. and I just decided to upgrade instead of build on what I had before...

ok

anouther question to you compaq people out there, where does it say the type of computer that it is???, on his it says parsaio and that is it. and it has been formatted twice so

There should be a sticker on the back saying what kind of model it is, or on the papers that came with it, something of the matter.

Taurus

hardware monkey
uhh... don't get me wrong, but the k6-2 isn't socket A!? right??

not to mention he only has a 100mhz bus. and i seriously doubt compaq released an kind of bios update (for a system that old, at least) that would let the mobo recognize the new athlon xp cores.. or any athlons for that matter.

that's even if they physically fit, which i really doubt as well.

dude, look into getting a mobo.

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdawgintown