ICS Problem

DragonHeart

OSNN Addict
Hi,

Hope someone can help with this query i have, im trying to get my pcs to link via a ethernet hub, but i cant seem to get it to work.

On my network connections on my main pc, i have 2 cards, 1) Local Area Connection 2 3Com 3C900B-TPO Ethernet Adapter with ive enabled ICS ?(which is where the cable modem plugs in) and 2) NETGEAR FA312 Fast Ethernet Adapter card which is local connection and this then goes out to my Hub, in which my other 2 pcs are connected by. Is this the right way round ??
and should the 3com one be shared, as if i share the other connection i loose the net connection completly on the main pc.

Also on the back of the hub thier are 6 sockets, one labelled s-uplink, s-normal then all the rest are defult, is thier a particaller order the cables should be pluged in ? ie : the one comming out of the main pc with the cable modem connection ??

Many thx for any advice anyone can give, this is driving me nuts as ive had it all working fine before i reformatted :(

Plug your cable into the regular ports. The uplink is used for connecting a hub to a hub. Not sure what that S Normal means. Might be something specific to the brand of hub.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back