ICS Problem XP & 98

W

Wildsurfer

Hi !

I have 2 systems, One AMD 900Mhz, 256meg ram, 2 network cards.
The other system a Pentum I 200 mhz 68 meg ram, one network card. Systems are connected with a UTP (cross) cable. The AMD runs Win XP Pro and is the host (gateway), so far so good. My modem is a Nortel model NTEX35.

My problem is that my connection to internet on the AMD disconnect by itself when my pentium goes on the internet, sometime it's fast and sometime it takes a while before it closes my connection. The connection icon is still in my task bar (on the AMD) but the connection is close and won't let me re-connect, I have to reeboot the AMD to be able to reconnect.

I've been trying to fix this for weeks but can't find the bug.

If you have the solution it would be a nice Xmas gift.

Thank you and best wishes for the holydays !

;)

I would say its your Modem drivers

what do you use ?

I had a problem like that with an ISDN modem in win2000

No modem driver required ! It's external, you just connect your utp cable in it from your network card.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back