Goatman

Ska Daddy
Has anyone been having any trouble with ICQ? it hasn't been updating the img in the task bar right, if I disconnect instead of the flower turning red, it stays green.

Yup got that prob too.
I disconnect, the flower stays green.
I've had that happen with MSN too at times. I'm wondering if its something to do with my NIC acting as a virtual connection. I know this didnt happen before i put the NIC in... then again, i dont have this machine connected to another...

who knows!

Does your ICQ load extremly slow? Takes over 30secs to load here... 1ghz 1gb ram. Dont think its low on resources!

Make sure you have the latest build of 2001b. They put out about 5 updates the first week after 2001b was released.

hmmmm....

nope not having a problem over here... using latest version of ICQ 2001b - latest updates

MdSalih

Word of warning, there is a new virus W32/Goner@MM that is being spread via ICQ. If you receive a file tranfer from anyone with the file name of Gone.scr do not accept it, if you have already received it do not execute it. If you did already execute it go to one of the anti-virus sites to find out how to get rid of it. It is also being spread via e-mail with the subject line of "Hi" and and attachment of gone.scr.

The only problem I have with ICQ2001b is that it'll work for about 5 minutes I'll be talking to a friend, then when I hit reply on the message box, I can't type anything. Keeps happening ever since I installed the bugger.

So then I have to shut ICQ down and restart it for it to work again. :(

Any suggestions???:confused:

About the trayicon, maybe you should move the mouse over it ??
Sometimes trayicons don´t get refreshed when they should.

LadySunshine,

Make sure you have the latest version of 2001b, it was released on Nov 28. If that doesn't fix the problem try uninstalling icq and then reinstall it.

Originally posted by LadySunshine
The only problem I have with ICQ2001b is that it'll work for about 5 minutes I'll be talking to a friend, then when I hit reply on the message box, I can't type anything. Keeps happening ever since I installed the bugger.

So then I have to shut ICQ down and restart it for it to work again. :(

Any suggestions???:confused:

This happenes normally if u are behind a LAN/proxy and u haven't set up ICQ for it. It also happens to a few AoL users...

MdSalih

Ok, it's set up for a LAN connection, I don't use AOL at all either...

I downloaded the newest updates and installed it.. try uninstalling and reinstalling..guess what.. still happening.

It takes like 2 seconds to load up and I don't have any bugs. I got that email with gone.scr but its been deleted.. still a problem there... :(

Originally posted by Goatman
Has anyone been having any trouble with ICQ? it hasn't been updating the img in the task bar right, if I disconnect instead of the flower turning red, it stays green.

I have the same problem. When i go offline the Icq stays green ...
I have to manualy put it into Standby mode.
This happens when i disconnect normaly. Once i have pulled out my telephone line and the icq went to stanby mode ... strange ...

I have a cable modem, and everything seems to be working fine... its NOT the connection. When I am talking to someone on ICQ, it'll be working fine and then all of the sudden I'll go to reply and it wont let me type.. that has nothing to do with the connection....

I have to reboot icq and it'll work again.

I had that problem once with an earlier version of ICQ, the way that ICQ said to fix it was to uninstall ICQ, delete the ICQ directory in c:\Program Files, reboot, and then reinstall ICQ. Just reinstalling ICQ fixed the problem for me but maybe you could try doing what ICQ told me to do.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back