Icons - How do I change...?

E

el_dub

Actually, I've right-clicked on the desktop and customized my desktop as much as WinXP would allow in that section. How do I change the Icons in My computer in particuliar? Like my drives (CD & HD), floppy, etc...? I've downloaded Icons from Foood's site, created shortcuts, practiced changing the shortcuts, but I want to change the real Icons. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for any replies...

el_dub=out:confused:

have a look here

http://www.xp-erience.org/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2438

cool.gif

El Dub: are they the iCandy icons? I just downloaded them myself today, they are so cute. I was wondering though does anyone know how to change the my pictures, my music and my videos folders. Also how do you change icons in the control panel, not the control panel icon itself but for example modems and hardware. And also how do you change the show desktop icon. I know how to change the icons in my computer and printers and favourites and so on, thanks to a tutorial in here *thanks guys*. But everytime I download new icon sets I get really cute ones for these type of icons and I don't know how to change them. Any program I've tried, e-icons, iconphile, magictweak, madonote etc don't change them either. Any ideas guys?

TIA,

Eve

I have heard you can change most icons using the newest version of microangelo. Don't have it myself.
If you want to change icons manually here is an easy one to begin with:
To change the showdesktop icon open notepad, click on file - open and navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\username\Applicationdata\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quicklaunch\showdesktop.sfc (make sure you have 'all files' checked under filetype) and open it. Then replace in the line where it says IconFile "explorer.exe,3" with the path of the icon you want to use (put it in quotes,if there are spaces in the path), click on save. After the next boot you will see the new icon.
You can change most controlpanel icons in the registry. Check for an underlying "DefaultIcon" key at the appropiate clsid at HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\:

Scanners and camera's: {E211B736-43FD-11D1-9EFB-0000F8757FCD}
Folder options: {6DFD7C5C-2451-11d3-A299-00C04F8EF6AF}
Dial-Up Networking: {992CFFA0-F557-101A-88EC-00DD010CCC48}
Scheduled tasks: {D6277990-4C6A-11CF-8D87-00AA0060F5BF}
Taskbar and startmenu: {0DF44EAA-FF21-4412-828E-260A8728E7F1}
as examples. I am working on a list for other items.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back