icon trouble

A

aidanpeiser

ok i setup powertoys for win XP [tweekUI]and it managed to change all my desktop icons and menu icons to real bad images some how i want to set them back but dont know how useing Tweek UI is there any other way i can do this in XP to set them back to there default quality and icons?

thanks

lol. I thought I was the only one that did that. Right click on your desktop> select Properties> "Appearance" tab> "Advanced" button> There's a little pull-down menu, click on that and select "icon" making the size 32.

tryed but .....

well i tryed that but it seams to not have worked what that does is edit the image size ie: width and height i am talking about the image qualitie in KB, it has scrambled it to look real shitt and not shure what to do...

help:confused:

Yeah, i know what you mean, uglier then hell. I'm trying to remember exactly what i did to get mine back. Your "show desktop" icon is flat right? Not the neat looking one that's turned to the side a little bit, giving it the 3d (sorta) affect? And all the others are bland.

Do you have a copy of Customizer XP installed?

I'm not sure now, it was a hard to locate fix when i did it, lol. Get a copy of Customizer XP. On the first page, "System," there's an option, "Change Icon Color Format" (third item down on the list). tick that box and you'll get some options along the bottom: 16 bit; 24 bit, and 32 bit. I hope that helps.

This might be stupid, but on the Repair tab of TweakUI there
is a Repair Icons option. Might work.

I have gotton those same ugly looking icons on my desktop b4 ( only after I used the repair icons tool in Tweak UI)

To fix them all I did was go to my dispay properties and toggle my color quality from 16 bit or 24 bit and it refreshed everything.

It might work for you too.

JUST TWEAK IT

yip dude

yeah dude thanks
it was that simple. works and looks fine now thanks again hehe

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back