Icon changing gone bad!!

AlexK

Ooops i did it again!
Hmm, stupid me.. I was fiddling with changing icons.. And messed up File Folder actions in.

[My Computer -> Tools -> Folder Options -> File Types]

So when i open a folder it automaticly wants to search the folder, ( NOT VIEWING THE CONTENT )

I have to [right click -> Explore / Open], every time i want to enter a folder..

Under [filetypes -> File Folder] , the only action i can use is Find... So how do i either delete that option? Or create a new action "open" like in [filetypes -> folder]
(maybe something like using "explorer.exe" or something)

Its very annoying :p Please help me?
41333586by9.jpg

Last edited:
You could try and open windows explorer (not IE :p) and click on "Tools" on the top bar and then click "Folder Options" then click the "View" tab and click "Reset All Folders". See if that changes it back to the way it was. Now if you did any other customizations to the folders it will probably reset that also.

I think. :nervous:

Go back to where you where , tools , folder options, file types, choose (none) Folder click advanced , choose open and set default.

2# doenst work.. I tried :'(

3# Its not the [None] Folder... Its the [None] File Folder which is the problem.. The only action there is find.. :S

Yes find with the 2 check marks , confirm open after download, and always show extension... there is nothing else

The "Easy File Associations For Windows XP" didnt work.. At least not the .bat file.. Ill try to manually alter it :) Thanks.

#
The Command Prompt didnt work either.. But whats the extenstion for "File Folder"? It's not "Folder" thats messing it up (I THINK!!)..

Under the "File Folder" actions, there is only "Find".. in "Folder" theres both "Open" and "Explore"..
#

System restore. Go to the day before ya messed with the folders and restore. See if that helps.

Wont i loose everything from that day till now? :S Thats really not an option for me.. :p

There MUST be someway i can make an additional action... But i cant see the open / explore commands in " Folder " so i cant copy them to "File Folder" :'(

Read this it might help.

http://www.tech-recipes.com/windows_tips925.html

Basically from this other site I just found it lists the same fix. But read the first part of this quote to see if this is your issue

Right click on one of the "offending" folders; if the default action (in bold) is Search, then this is your problem.

With Regedit, navigate to [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\ Directory\ shell]

Change the default data value to None.

Next navigate to [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\ Dirive\ shell] and do the same thing.

Gonaads!!! You saved my life :D Thanks mate.. It worked perfectly! Im gratefull!! :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back