IBM HD GXP 120 and Windows xp pro

D

DanielZing

Hi,

My Spec's

Asus A7V333
AMD Athlon Palomino XP 2100+ @ 1733MHz
Performance 512 MB PC2700 DDRAM
IBM GXP 120 80GB 7200RPM (IDE 100) (Primary IDE Channel)
Creative GeForce 2 Ti 64MB
Liteon DVD 16x 48x (Secondary IDE Channel)
Liteon Brænder 40x 12x 48x (Secondary IDE Channel)
Windows XP Professional (SP1)

My hd is running on PIO Mode and my dvd and cdrw is running ultra dma mode 2. If i try to set my hd to dma mode, then i have to reboot my computer after that it still says Pio mode in the current transfer box. I do not know what to do. My computer is running really SLOW it is driveing my crazy!!! Could someone PLEASE help me!!

Daniel

This might help

It worked for me and many others...posted same solution before in here always try a search first m8.

Open REGEDIT and find the following keys:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\curr
entcontrolset\control\class\ {4D36E96A-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}\000x

Last four digits are likely 0001, 0002. Under those keys you will find MasterIDdataChecksum, SlaveIddataChecksum,right click on the master and slave checksums and then choose modify and delete the value data box contents do this to both 0001 and 0002 lines.

It will make th OS redetect the drive DMA capabilities after rebooting.

If it works for you too please say so...thanks.

one problem i do not have 0002 SlaveIddataChecksum but i did it and iam going to check it now

Have you checked your bios ?

Have you checked it to see if its detecting your harddrive as ultra dma mode 5 ?,if not go and have a look or set bios to default so it auto detects your devices also i found this thread which is similar to yours (having problems with dma)with the same motherboard so instead of posting all there replies and suggestions you can have a look yourself here http://forums.viaarena.com/messageview.cfm?catid=15&threadid=22785&highlight_key=y&keyword1=dma and try them all out,if not try posting in those forums as they are the guys on asus products.

There was a patch i downloaded but i can no longer find the website i got it from. Once I find it i will post it.

The patch is no longer issued becuase it had problems interfacing with programs such as partion magic and norton ghost.

So they have taken it off the website, I have since learnt there is a dos version also avalible on the same website !

Diskette versions: (download creates bootable diskette)
Download the diskette version of Disk Manager 2000 if you do not have Windows installed on your system or if you have a problem downloading the Windows systems version. The diskette version creates a bootable diskette that includes Disk Manager. The bootable diskette also contains the IBM Drive Fitness Test (DFT).

http://www.storage.ibm.com/hdd/support/download.htm

that may be even beter for you circumstances :D

If the drive is correctly picked up by the bios you could try deleting the IDE channel the that drive is on.

This work for me with my DVD.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back