Ibm 120gxp

J

joey

Is anyone has the IBM 120GXP harddisk?

How is its performance?

I just built two new computers, for friends, and put the IBM 120gig HD in both, no problem so far. They are suppose to be really goood HDs.

Stay away from the Western Digitals, there are a lot of people who hate them. I have never used one.

Watch this website for deals, the IBM's pop up on it every once in awhile.

http://www.techbargains.com/

:rolleyes:

I found IBM 120GXP is the best buy out of its price range, but some ppl say WD's 8mb buffer is even better in EIDE harddisk.

What does it do with the 8mb buffer?

Do you think IBM120 GXP has the best seek time out of EIDE harddisk?

I have the drive, it's awsome so far. I think it's fairly quick overall, doesn't get that hot ( to the touch anyway ) and I often have it running more then 3 days in a row, although I heard something somewhere about not doing that, eh, whatever. I think it's a really good drive.

well, i have the 75GXP series HD, and it works awesome, no probs so far, and ive had it for 3 yrs... so i am sure the 120GXP are are better.. thats my next HD im going to get, the 80GB

Funny how different forums have different opinions. I visit many tech forums and most people really dont like the IBM drives. I have a 75GXP it is about 2 years old and it is very slowly kicking the bucket. All the classic symptoms starting to make clicking noise, developing bad sectors. The IBM disk utility wants to do a low level format on it. This is why people call them Deathstars instead of Deskstars. Anyway hopefully the new ones are better but for me I am done with IBM drives for a while

Before I bought the two I used for my friends computers, I did some research (see my posting above) and I remember reading in one of them that there was a problem with the IBM 75GHDs, can't remember the details, but the newer HDs are better which is why I used them. Who kows...

well.. after all these fight.. lets vote!!.. see new post and vote!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back