iastor.sys problem

one.123

-0-;;
im having this problem where i get the blue screen that tells you if this is the first time you've seeen this screen you need to restart. im using winxp media center edition. the screen also displays isator.sys as the file causing the problem, i currently cannot gain access to the desktop since it locks up before i can get there. im using a dell xp200. thanks in advance.

The file in question, "iastor.sys", is the driver for Intel's RAID/SATA controller.

Did you try Safe Mode?

Can you write down the exact error message and type it out for us?

driver_IRQL_not_less_or_equal

mycomputer has shut down in the past multiple times and this was the first time i got the error. my guess is its harddrive problem but im not too sure.

i've tried booting under safe mode but as it's loading, it just freezes. ive tried safemode under networking and cmmand prompt which led to the same result.

ill be sure to try the link's fix, just hope i don't make it worse.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back