i1394 firewire

R

renakuajo

i have a DV camcorder and i wanna use it in netmeeting,icuii, etc. Wanna know how to do that?? I connect the DV cam thru the firewire cable but i cant get video for netmeeting or icuii....any ideas? I can capture video with movie maker or any other video application editor........

well

depends on the camera u have. now i have delt with like 5 different types and brands of cameras so far, and i can tell u, if when u plug it in and it is detected by windows xp and shows up in my computer as a webcam that u can use it. from the cameras i used this is what i can tell: canon's can, Panasonic's can, some Sony's Cant. i bet you have a sony. and what you have to do to make it a webcam is just switch it to camera mode as if u were going to record but you dont record u just let the pc stream it!:happy:

Hope this helps u

thanks themafia_69 but i have a panasonic model: PV-DV100, WHEN I CONNECT IT IT SHOWS (upps sorry for the caps) but stil cant use it in netmeeting or other webchat client......

u have to go into the options and look for source and select the camera. otherwise i guess it doesnt work, because as long as windows can see the camera in my computer then it should be able to use it as a webcam

yeah i know that, i try it and says something like it cant capture from the device, but dont know why, can it be that my usb cam is plug?

dont know man try fidling around with it. i mean if u can see it in my computer and take pics and watch what the camera is seeing then it should

i mean if u can see it in my computer and take pics and watch what the camera is seeing then it should

man thats what i think but dont know what is the problem.....anyway thanks i will try again tonigh

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back