I won my first Film Festival

Aprox

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political Access
I have been making indie low budget films for a few years now, slowly getting better and better and making new friends. That last two years I have competed in whats known as the "48 hour film festival" Basically you draw a genre and get a piece of paper that tells you three things that have to be in your movie and you have 48 hours to complete a 6 - 8 minute short.

Our entry last year was... not to great. It had elements that I loved, the story was solid but the execution was terrible for various reasons. This year however, we had a great team and an awesome story. Long story short, we won this year!

It feels amazing to finally win something for all the hard work that has been put out. Our film is now going to be entered in the Los Angeles Film Festival too.

:):):):)

Dude... ****ing sweet!

How would we be able to watch it?

I have been making indie low budget films for a few years now, slowly getting better and better and making new friends. That last two years I have competed in whats known as the "48 hour film festival" Basically you draw a genre and get a piece of paper that tells you three things that have to be in your movie and you have 48 hours to complete a 6 - 8 minute short.

Our entry last year was... not to great. It had elements that I loved, the story was solid but the execution was terrible for various reasons. This year however, we had a great team and an awesome story. Long story short, we won this year!

It feels amazing to finally win something for all the hard work that has been put out. Our film is now going to be entered in the Los Angeles Film Festival too.

:):):):)
Oh bravo, well done to you and the team :D

Well done Aprox! lets have a looksee....

Thank you all, I appreciate it!

I'm still waiting for it to be put up on youtube. I personally do not have the final cut on hand, otherwise I would do it myself. As soon as its available I'll be sure to post it here for you guys to see.

The genre we pulled was mystery, and funny story we actually did the whole thing in less than 36 hours because wasted the first 8 or so arguing over ideas and what direction we wanted to go. Another lesson learned, limit the creative group to as little people as possible. :p

Thank you all, I appreciate it!

I'm still waiting for it to be put up on youtube. I personally do not have the final cut on hand, otherwise I would do it myself. As soon as its available I'll be sure to post it here for you guys to see.

The genre we pulled was mystery, and funny story we actually did the whole thing in less than 36 hours because wasted the first 8 or so arguing over ideas and what direction we wanted to go. Another lesson learned, limit the creative group to as little people as possible. :p
nice, can't wait to see it

Scooby gets the munchies and the pizza gets ordered, the pizza girl rings the doorbell.............

GO.

hey.. cool man!

thats really amazing

i saw something about that 48-hour film competition on tv a week or two ago. that's cool you were one of the competitors. congrats on the win and i can't wait to see it. what genre did you pull?

Thanks! We pulled the Mystery Genre this year, last year we pulled medical which was very difficult without a hospital or similar location to shoot at. It wasn't really possible to get one at such short notice, especially considering most shooting is done at 2, 3 or 4 in the morning. :D

, last year we pulled medical which was very difficult without a hospital or similar location to shoot at. It wasn't really possible to get one at such short notice

a good director/producer would have inadvertently caused one of the crew to have an accident ;) off to the hospital you go - you got your location :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back