I was going to post this in Hard Talk but...

LeeJend

OSNN Veteran Addict
I figured if I put it in Hard Talk people would start fighting over it. Here they will just laugh at it which is for the best.

(1) Zero Gravity
When NASA first started sending up astronauts, they quickly
discovered that ball-point pens would not work in zero gravity. To
combat his problem, NASA scientists spent a decade and $12 billion developing a pen that writes in zero gravity, upside-down, on almost any surface including glass and at temperatures ranging from below freezing to over 300º C.
The Russians used a pencil. Your taxes are due again--enjoy paying them.

(2) Our Constitution
"They keep talking about drafting a Constitution for Iraq. Why don't we just give them ours? It was written by a lot of really smart guys, and it’s worked for over 200 years. And, we’re not using it anymore."

(3) Ten Commandments
The real reason that we can't have the Ten Commandments in
A Courthouse is that you cannot post "Thou Shalt Not Steal," "Thou Shalt
Not Commit Adultery" and “Thou Shall Not Lie" in a building full of lawyers,
judges and politicians .. It creates a hostile work environment

They are great and have truth in them.

Makes logical sense that the US would pay out of the ass to make a pen that could do that.

Pencils work just as well :p

it's a great post for the anecdotes, I especially liked number two

funny and apropos, however the pen thingy isn't true

supposedly we both used pencils in the begining, they weren't too good in zero g either, led floating around, electric and fire hazzard, and other stuff

then a guy named fischer made a pen that would work and not burn up at extreme temperature...pressurized encased ink cartridge to compensate for 0 g

he didn't charge nasa to develope the pen

charged 3 bucks for them to buy them though and they bought about 400 off the bat...I guess they thought we'd be going up there alot

I'd pay three bucks for one of those iriginal pens that's for sure..I wonder if any of the original are still around

Last edited:
Cross gas filled ink cartridges. Still as a anecdote it is rather amusing, and it seems very well that we could fund a study like that, after all we funded a study to find out if cows belching was contributing to green house gasses..

Well, we have funded some studies in the past, so number 1, though it might not be true isn't entirely divorced from reality either. What makes it funny. The third was funny too :rofl

(3) Ten Commandments
The real reason that we can't have the Ten Commandments in
A Courthouse is that you cannot post "Thou Shalt Not Steal," "Thou Shalt
Not Commit Adultery" and “Thou Shall Not Lie" in a building full of lawyers,
judges and politicians .. It creates a hostile work environment

Given the number of politicians who were once lawyers, I could imagine them not seeing the same humor in it that we do however. Hell, come to think about it, it does work for politicians as well :laugh:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back