I want to use my PC from a diffrent PC

S

supershaun

Right, While im at work my PC is on and connected to the net normally downloading various items. I want to be able to view my screen and use my PC from work as though i was infront of my PC. The problem i face is that were not able to install any programs on work pc's. Is there any programs that I can install on my home PC then connect over the net to my PC at home. Ive tried VNC Viewer but i cant seem to make it work. I'm more Hardware based than software so the easier the better. All help appriciated.

Thanx

Try Citrix perhaps? I used to use this program at a former employer. I honestly don't know how to use it and configure it, but I remember seeing this program on the Windows XP Pro CD actually...

Melon

I use a free program called Remote Administrator 2.1
Its totally n00b friendly and requires hardly any setting up at all.

Also with VNC in genral wouldnt i need to install it on the PC at work?

TightVNC is more secure with some additional features the standard VNC Viewer doesn't have. Check out their site for more info. It's a small app, minimal traffic. There's cool features like viewer through a web browser, so if it's installed on your pc, all you would need to do if you're away from your pc is open a browser and type in yourcomputername:5800 or whatever port # you choose. Improved performance, like local cursor handling, so when you move your cursor that exact same movement is happening at the remote pc, if you leave the cursor in a certain spot, it'll be at the same spot on the other pc. Best of all, it's free. XP's remote desktop is cool as well, but tough to configure for firewalls. Have you checked to see if the ports you're using for VNC have been blocked at work?

try remote adminstrator.
and your ip adress is made out of 4 numbers, you can see it with netstat or www.myip.com or something like that

Originally posted by Lockstock
I use a free program called Remote Administrator 2.1
Its totally n00b friendly and requires hardly any setting up at all.

note: FREE is really SHAREWARE.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back