I want to block Egypt....

L

Leo154

yes.. I want to block absolutely all IPs coming from Egypt... my site features CPanel X which is cool... and has IP deny... but I want to block the entire nation of Egypt... from accessing my site.

:D

O-Kay :confused:

To do so you need to find out the IP address assignments for the ISPs in Egypt and block the ranges, you cant just blanket block a whole country without some extra coding on your site to enable you to detect visitors country's and then deny them access based on that.

ok, lets do that coding to detect visitors country... do you have links.. or something?

So far all I know is that most (maybe all) of Egypt's IP adresses begin with 82, 213, and 62. I'll keep digging for you.

/edit: IGNORE ME! EUROPE LOVES YOU!

HandyBuddy 82, 213, and 62 address blocks are used throughtout the EU as allocated by RIPE.

Leo154, Here is a site that discusses it http://ip-to-country.webhosting.info/. Run around google a bit and you will find some examples and code but you will need to work on it. You will need to do it in something like PHP or ASP.

I googled it ofcourse. But its quite complex... Cant you just set a cookie to query country, and if countr=EG... block access.

No i dont belive so. You have two options that come to mind, code a solution or use htaccess and the block the IP ranges as mentioned above.

ie-eg.com - Internet Egypt Network Ranges:

194.79.112.0 - 194.79.112.255
62.193.64.0 - 62.193.127.255
213.154.32.0 - 213.154.63.255

And thats just one ISP!

You can block access using htaccess so for example:

Code:
<Limit GET HEAD POST>
order allow,deny
deny from ie-eg.com
deny from egyptnetwork.com
deny from quicknet.com.eg
deny from sedapnet.org.eg
deny from 194.79.112
deny from 62.193.64
deny from 62.193.65
deny from 62.193.66
allow from all
</LIMIT>

and so on with all of the ranges. As you see i also put in some domains.

You can see to build up a list of IP ranges and or domains for the whole of Egypt is going to be no small task. Note: You cant just go by domain as some of the clients do not have DNS records.

Your best off coding a solution or dropping your quest.

Why do you want to block Egypt anyway?

What Enyo said about the htaccess is your best option.

Enyo, trouble from Egyptian visitors.

Okay I take it leo has the IP(s) in use by the Egyptian visitors in which case he can determine there ISP and drastically cut down the amount of ranges that need to blocked.

yes i do, but you see in egypt you can sign on with any isp you feel like.. its just a dial number with no password or user name....

So use the IPs you have logged to check the RIPE database and determine the IP ranges allocated to that ISP and start blocking them as outlined above, you will get them all eventually.

its ok... he appoligized... apparently...

still weak... egyptian...psh..

:rolleyes:

First off, why do you have trouble from the egyptions anyways?

lol: my friends Egyptians and they are "different"... I don't want them spamming my site...

btw. "different" is the only word i could use here

This is MAD. Why would you want to block an entire country, I mean your friends, just log the excessive spamming and block them IP's, I think it's stupid blocking whole country's, I mean if we did country's would start blocking USA etc lol. Mad.

I think it's hilarious! When I saw the thread title alone, I laughed.
:D

This will become more popular in the future because of the innate human tendency to want to set itself apart from groups perceived as different. It's the new Tower of Babel.

Originally posted by 03bigMark03
This is MAD. Why would you want to block an entire country, I mean your friends, just log the excessive spamming and block them IP's, I think it's stupid blocking whole country's, I mean if we did country's would start blocking USA etc lol. Mad.

tempting... tempting...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back