I Want Higher WMA!!!

X

XP Abuser

hi guys and gals!
is there any way to get windows media player 9 to encode wma (windows Media Audio) to anything higher than 192kbps in wmp cuz it aint enough sounds a bit crap and i dont want to use another format or encoder. please dont suuggest any other or better sounding formats or hardware upgrades and S**t i just wanna know if its possible.

cheers

Try this.

Hope this helps.......

To Rip high-quality MP3s in Media Player for Windows XP (MPXP)
The relationship between Media Player for Windows XP (MPXP) and the MP3 audio format is widely misunderstood. Basically, MPXP is able to playback MP3 files out of the box, but encoding (or "ripping") CD audio into MP3 format will require an MP3 plug-in.
This is not the case.
This Registry hack affects the MP3 encoding save rates for the new MS Windows Media Player 9.0 (WMP9).
To make this happen: open Notepad, save the text between the Cut & Paste lines below as a REG file, and then merge it into your Registry by (double)-clicking on it:
-----Begin cut & paste here-----
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Settings\MP3Encoding]
"LowRate"=dword:0000dac0
"MediumRate"=dword:0000fa00
"MediumHighRate"=dword:0001f400
"HighRate"=dword:0002ee00
------End cut & paste here------
This corresponds to 56, 64, 128 and 192 KB/second rates, respectively.
Moreover, you can change the rates using these DWORD [hex] values for each of the Registry entries above:
56 Kbps = dword:0000dac0
64 Kbps = dword:0000fa00
112 Kbps = dword:0001b580
128 Kbps = dword:0001f400
160 Kbps = dword:00027100
192 Kbps = dword:0002ee00
224 Kbps = dword:00036b00
256 Kbps = dword:0003e800
320 Kbps = dword:0004e200
Done."

If so .....say so.

or not bony... he doesn't want mp3... he wants wma....

although you are quite closeminded if you only want wma. WMA is not a superior sound format. 192kbps is plenty for sound quality. You just got anal wannabe-Audiophile ears. =)

if u were a true audiophile u'd know that you don't use wma's for music ;)

shn is where its at.

Brad

I don't think what you want is possible, I look through the registy settings for the media player and the only kbps settings were for mp3. Which I would suggest seeing as how more programs can use mp3's

oh yes

:eek:

Well that was all i could come up with...lets hope he`s happy with it !.

na i dont really want to encode but just wanted to know if you could get wma higher just to see how it sounds obviously by the response it aint possible and really i dont give a S**t cuz i know there is better quality from other encoders anyway bony tony i tried the tweak in x-setup but it came up showing mp3 in the cpy option but i select it and it comes back with an error message saying about a third party plugin that i need anyway tony ill try yor tweak and see how it goes

cheers all!!

(update) and look at my posts 200 im a big boy now. lol

You can choose WMA variable bitrate (240 to 355kbps) or WMA lossless (470 to 940 kbps) in Mediaplayer 9.

Nice find YoYo....... i missed that one...hell of a lot shorter than my reply:D

But whats the difference (or explanation) between variable & lossless ?.

i think variable varies the bitrate to suite the musics complexity for example it would be stoopid to encode silence at 320kbps so to save space it brings it down to about 64 or whatever.
and lossless doesnt discard any of the information as other encoders do so the music is as clear as the original copy.

does anyone know where you can get the wma 5.1 codec???

sweet cheers tony fought they were gonna try and charge you to use it

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back