I tried to follow these instructions to backup my gmail account, but it didn't work.

Re: i tried to follow these instruction to backup gmail account but it didn't worked.

Ok let's start with the basics.

Upon skimming the page it says:
A Gmail account with POP access enabled. (How do I enable POP?)

If yes, did you select
Enable POP for all mail (even mail that's already been downloaded)
or
Enable POP only for mail that arrives from now on

Re: I tried to follow these instructions to backup my gmail account, but it didn't wo

yes, allowed "pop" for all mail. then i wanted to use my email client again so i changed it back to "now on".

i can try to do check it again.

Re: I tried to follow these instructions to backup my gmail account, but it didn't wo

ok, so i now tried to make "allow all" at the pop gmail settings again but i'm getting this message:

$ fetchmail -vk
fetchmail: 6.3.8 querying pop.gmail.com (protocol POP3) at Sat Oct 20 01:19:40 2
007: poll started
fetchmail: getaddrinfo("pop.gmail.com","pop3s") error: nodename nor servname pro
vided, or not known
POP3 connection to pop.gmail.com failed: Operation not permitted
fetchmail: 6.3.8 querying pop.gmail.com (protocol POP3) at Sat Oct 20 01:19:40 2
007: poll completed
fetchmail: Query status=2 (SOCKET)
fetchmail: normal termination, status 2
what would you suggest to do?

Thread moved.

ok, so i now tried to make "allow all" at the pop gmail settings again but i'm getting this message:

what would you suggest to do?

help?

So why do you want to do this? Why not just use an email client like outlook or thunderbird?

So why do you want to do this? Why not just use an email client like outlook or thunderbird?

so, why do you use the word so?

i want to use these instructions because i want to backup all my emails to a folder as mentioned there somewhere.

thanks,

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back