I started a Blog today!

Good to see another blog by an OSNN member. :)
To increase the width of the main container, you'll need to make these changes:

Line 46:
Code:
#content {width: 700px; margin: 0 auto; text-align: left; background: #fff url(http://www.blogblog.com/snapshot/bg-body.gif) 0 0 repeat-y;}
First increase the width here to something higher - if you want to add 'x' pixels to the content area, for example, set the width here to 700+x

Line 49-59:
Code:
#main {
 line-height: 1.4;
 float: left;
 padding: 10px 12px;
 border-top: solid 1px #fff;
 width: 428px;
 /* Tantek hack - http://www.tantek.com/CSS/Examples/boxmodelhack.html */
 voice-family: "\"}\""; 
 voice-family: inherit;
 width: 404px;
}
Increase the width attribute again here - set it to 428+x, where x is the same number of pixels you added to the 700px above.

That should do it. ;)

Cool to see another blog, I haven't updated mine in a couple of months ..

cool dude, i plan on doing one, but not now, after this summer, so i can be on top of things and be free

Thanks for the support and the help Netryder, I was able to get the width how I wanted it, now I just have to get the backgrounds HR's to line back up with the new size. Any ideas on that one? I attached a pic of what happens after I make the width changes so you know what I am talking about.

Attachments

• blog.jpg
    blog.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 72
heh I dont need a blog to tell you about my life :p I can sum it up in two words: work, sleep.

NM, I got it! :) I am so proud of myself, I just kept playing with every color till it hilighted the area I wanted. It made it more difficult becuase they were using images for the background colors, so I have to get rid of them.

But it still is not quite right, (see screen shot) my preview is differnent from the actual page view, not sure why, might take a bit to update maybe. But the little lives under the headings are still messed up, not sure how to fix that.

Attachments

• blog-2.jpg
    blog-2.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 54
Looking for a new blog site.

Well I have only been with the Blogger.com for 3 days and all I can say is they have some serious problems. Today I lost a post I spent and hour writting. Half the time It takes me 3 hours just to access my blog to write a post. Driving me nuts. So I am looking for a new blogging site.

Any suggestions where I can move to?

Live journal is pretty good...u dont have to use there default templets. They have a thing where u can customize your own. Its pretty nifty...but for high school kids like me all it does is start conflict lol.

I can set you up with a moveable type or wordpress blog platform on got-blog.co.uk dunno if you want a UK style address though

*not got the website done for got-blog.co.uk yet though ;)

The challenge now is to keep it updated.

onimkron said:
http://www.modblog.com has a nice, usually reliable service :)

yea I found that place in my search, however even on their main page it takes forever to load each page. The seem to have a very slow connection speed. (I have a 5MB thoughput so I know it is not on my end) However I might give them a try and make a copy of my blog there and see how it works.

I never had a problem with blogger.com or blogspot.com for that matter .. I like it ..

Johnny said:
I never had a problem with blogger.com or blogspot.com for that matter .. I like it ..
Same here. Been using it for almost two years now. :)

Well over the last 3 days I have had nothing but problems, might just be a bad timing fluke. But I wish they would disable the posting ability when they are doing major repair work on the servers. Very agravating to lose an hours worth of work only to find out that they are rolling back the servers because of a failed Kernal upgrade. If you want more info just check my blog, I vented there.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back