i,Robot

~bk

I
Political Access
Looks really good.
cool.gif

Visit the Official Site to watch the trailor.

Nice concept, though the one of the episodes in the Animatrix had an almost exact story. You know, the first homcide committed by a robot. This lead to the machines revolting. Anyways, this still looks cool. Kind of reminds me of Minority Report as well.

I like the background music of the movie. I'm gonna watch this movie for sure. :)

Pardon my ignorance, but I saw the trailer for the 1st time yesterday, and I thought: "hey, looks like they're using a novel by Assimov I read a long time ago...", am I wrong ?

o_87 said:
Nice concept, though the one of the episodes in the Animatrix had an almost exact story. You know, the first homcide committed by a robot. This lead to the machines revolting. Anyways, this still looks cool. Kind of reminds me of Minority Report as well.

that idea was ripped from a few other stories :)

the matrix is not all original :D

~bk said:
Sorry, I mistyped, I indeed meant Isaac Asimov (thank you Sazar).
So, is the story in the film taken (freely or not) from Asimov's books ?

It was certainly an Asimov story - and since they are using the same title I imagine it must be based on it. I think it was a short story originally maybe and then I believe it went on to become a trilogy or maybe a series he worked on - thoguh I have forgotten the name of that. I am sure someone else will know it in detail though. ;)

I remember now, the main plot of the movie (if I may say so) must be based on Asimov's novel The Cave of Steel (Les Cavernes d'Acier in my mother tongue), I really loved this novel and its continued The Naked Sun, I hove the movie will be true enough to the books... :)

The concept of the film is taken from the books, the concept of the robots as part of human lives and the three laws of robotics, but the content of the film will be nothing like that of the books, as said by the director and stars

Yeah, I didn't think the movie would follow the books.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back