i really need help

• Thread starter welsh superstar
  • Start date
W

welsh superstar

i have recently upgraded to win xp it is giving me loads of pobs though i cant run many games like rtcw or medal of honor which both ran fine on win 98
my comp is pentium 3 650 and my graphic card is an ati 3d rage pro i no it sucks but it ran perfectly on win 98 i updated all my drivers tried compatibly mode but when i load games this is the message i get

Wolf Demo 1.0.1 win-x86 Dec 3 2001
----- FS_Startup -----
Current search path:
C:\PROGRA~1\RETURN~1/main

----------------------
0 files in pk3 files

Running in restricted demo mode.

----- FS_Startup -----
Current search path:
C:\PROGRA~1\RETURN~1\demomain\pak0.pk3 (2474 files)
C:\PROGRA~1\RETURN~1/demomain

----------------------
2474 files in pk3 files
execing default.cfg
couldn't exec language.cfg
execing wolfconfig.cfg
couldn't exec autoexec.cfg
Hunk_Clear: reset the hunk ok
...detecting CPU, found x86 (P5/Pentium2, MMX)
Bypassing CD checks
----- Client Initialization -----
Cmd_AddCommand: map_restart already defined
----- Initializing Renderer ----
-------------------------------
----- Client Initialization Complete -----
----- R_Init -----
Initializing OpenGL subsystem
...assuming '3dfxvgl' is a standalone driver
...initializing QGL
...WARNING: missing Glide installation, assuming no 3Dfx available
...shutting down QGL
...initializing QGL
...calling LoadLibrary( 'C:\WINDOWS\System32\opengl32.dll' ): succeeded
...setting mode 3: 640 480 FS
...using desktop display depth of 16
...calling CDS: ok
...registered window class
...created window@0,0 (640x480)
Initializing OpenGL driver
...getting DC: succeeded
...GLW_ChoosePFD( 16, 16, 0 )
...35 PFDs found
...GLW_ChoosePFD failed
...35 PFDs found
...GLW_ChoosePFD failed
...failed to find an appropriate PIXELFORMAT
...restoring display settings
...WARNING: could not set the given mode (3)
...setting mode 3: 640 480 FS
...using colorsbits of 16
...calling CDS: ok
...created window@0,0 (640x480)
Initializing OpenGL driver
...getting DC: succeeded
...35 PFDs found
...GLW_ChoosePFD failed
...35 PFDs found
...GLW_ChoosePFD failed
...failed to find an appropriate PIXELFORMAT
...restoring display settings
...WARNING: could not set the given mode (3)
...shutting down QGL
...unloading OpenGL DLL
----- CL_Shutdown -----
RE_Shutdown( 1 )
-----------------------
GLW_StartOpenGL() - could not load OpenGL subsystem

Upgrade BAH!

Never upgrade - Always do a Fresh iNSTALL :D

Just make sure you back up what you want before you reformat your hard drive. This will most likely fix your problems :)

and you souldnt have upgraded to xp with a 650... ouch. hope u have lots of ram...and rage fury???? wow im impressed your coragous enought to play games with that lol

why?

and why not with a 650?? another one that will say its too slow?

just because someone has a ferrari dont mean he can drive formula 1 thats for the ones that are gonna start preaching about there cpu's....... a 650 is fine for xp stop giving out false info or doubt in peoples minds about cpu speeds ......... if he was fine on 98 with the games its more likely he needs to clean install and update all the drivers and make sure he is set up right ...... I love xp and its runs smooth as silk with 128 ram on a 400!!! so why the hell wont it run on a 650?? ok so what there are faster and bigger ..... dont mean diddley squat..... try helping the guy instead of showing off :p

its something to do with opengl i think not my computer i have a pentium2 333 at work and that has played every game i tried on it even return to castle wolfenstein and its just as fast as my 650
so its not the computers

yes sounds like opengl

yes reading what you posted opengl looks like the hangup... and yes even your poor old 333 is able to play them eh !! good I hate when people thing that its all about MHZ the fact that the computer companys are putting all these machines out so fast does not mean we need them ........you really think that the average user has a clue what a 400mhz can really do? or a 750mhz...or keep going all they are doing is selling their products most users have never come close to using the full potential of there computers I am sure you can see a diff playing a game when your on line with 12 others in the same game room killing each other and your half stoned out of your mind that your puter is faster than the next guys LOLOL anyways back to work :p

Think its about time for a system upgrade.. Youll be very happy you did!
:D

try helping the guy instead of showing off
yo kermit chill man first i aint showing off u didnt see my specs (heheh) and i just mentionned it cause i had bad experiences with XP and pretty much nething under 700 mhz so lol what else can i say

and
hate when people thing that its all about MHZ the fact that the computer companys are putting all these machines out so fast does not mean we need them

its not all about mhz until u get into a situation where everythg ill freakin slow and u end up losing ur patience on sumthg lol trust me i know the damn 800 "celery" shit at my scholl are $#@%#^^# crap!!!!! im way better off with sumthg that exceeds by alot the required specs then with sumthg barely acceptable i could run all my games with my old rig but do i want 25 fps on the res im playing or 100fps ???? ferrari is always better the lada!!!! lol

but good point of view ive been there seen that lost my patience an upgraded shit happens LOL gnite!

If you had bad experiences with XP then there is something wrong with your hardware and/or setup. XP is the best you can get so far- and will be for a couple more years.

Besides who doesn't have bad experiences with a new O/S?

You learn what the O/S likes and dislikes. Then you don't do stupid stuff you know will piss your pc off. Think about it, everyone does it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back