i pod alternatives?

i would personally save for an iPod, its just a higher level of entertainment than other mp3 players

There are plenty of great choices when it comes to portable audio players. Look into what Creative, iRiver and Dell have to offer. In fact, most of them will give you more for your money than the iPod - built-in FM tuners, voice recording, more flexibility in terms of file formats and compatibility with online music stores, etc.

true, i was talking about personal satisfaction though, there just something different about iPods that makes them classier. yeah as netryder said those are good brands also check out rio

do the non ipod ones transfer files as a usb hard drive would..via my computer and not via i tunes?

not to sure, but im sure they offer a hdd mode, to store files

i know Archos players double as USB hard drives. i'm hoping to get an Archos Gmini 400 in the next few months......

The specs for any of these players will include information on what connections are available... whether they be USB or even 1394 (Firewire).

celticfan11 said:
zeke mo how do you get the mp3s to your mp3 player

If you get a zen micro, it will come with a old version of firmware(mine did). After you upate it, it will have drag and drop support for Windows media player 10 and windows explorer. I still use the "Zen Micro Media Explorer (MTP)" program. Its VERY lite, doesnt run in the background when you dont use it, and its just a little GUI over explorer. Its a very nice program; all you have to do is click "Import music", then pick your music folder(s) or song files and click next. All done. I can upload some screen shots of it later if you want :)

They are tons of 4GB-20GB mp3/harddrive players out in the market now. iPod's started the trend. I just ordered Dell Pocket DJ last week from Dell's site. It's pretty nice if you don't have more than 5GB of music collection and the price is not that bad either. There is also a $30 price-drop, so I think you should stick with this. :)

On the side note, iPods are nice too... but I just didn't want it as I don't have that much music. ;) Also in my opinion, Dell Pocket DJ is way better than the 4GB iPod Mini. I don't really know about 6GB model. :eek:

i would go with the new sony ones coming out (actually they might be already out, im too lazy to check) but they are really stylish and supposedly have like over 50 hours of battery life? yeah sounds crazy but i remember it being like a ridiculously high number. i'll post back with details

Sony has good selection of mp3 players but they are pricey in my opinion. :)

i think it was 72 hours, not too sure, but it was a small one that i remember seeing

You are very welcome :D let us know which one you go with :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back