I ordered a Dell 22 inch wide screen flat panel monitor ...

Johnny

.. Commodore ..
Political Access
Yes, 24in rocks! If you have never sat behind one before, let alone used anything bigger than a 17 you will be blown away. Even the 22in is pretty beast, its not as engrossing but its pretty f'in big! Congrats!

I have dual 19"s at work and dual 20"s at home - does that count?

15" and 22". The 15" is my laptop screen, and the 22" is a Westinghouse LCD I picked up at BestBuy on black friday or whatever that one friday is called after turkey day. Was going for a 19" at first, but when 22" was all they had left I had to get it.

The ports on the side of this beast make it so worth the $299 (includes best buy 3 year warrantee). S-Video, DVI, VGA, composite, The green red blue connector for HD, and one can switch between the different modes, something I have yet to find another monitor to be able to do (take both DVI and VGA, and let you switch between them).

My Samsung 244T can swich between DVI, D-Sub, Component or RCA. Also, it has PIP so you can watch any of those other inputs in a movable and re sizable window.

Cool monitor. Hope your 22" is ok with 1680x1020.

I use that resolution on my laptop so I'd be in a "800x600" (where everything is too big) moment.

I would have loved to get a 24 inch, but like I said, they cost too much. Maybe eventually I'll get a dual monitor set up, that would be cool ...

I checked the shipping status of this one and they sent it out the same day I ordered it. So I will have it hopefully have it tomorrow instead of thursday :)

My Samsung 244T can swich between DVI, D-Sub, Component or RCA. Also, it has PIP so you can watch any of those other inputs in a movable and re sizable window.

First I have heard of it. At the time I bought this monitor, it was the only one that had it!

All the high end panels can do it these days. My several years old Dell 2001FP can switch between DVI, D-SUB, S-Video and composite. Has PIP. The screen I want does Picture-by-picture.

I got this today. I am liking it so far. However, I do knotice that it is not clear as the crt. It might be in the settings, or the fact that I have it hooked up digital. I am not sure, I'll have to play with it for a while and see if I can make it look better .. Above all though, I am loving it :)

Really?! Wow, I think thats first time I have heard someone say they think a CRT is sharper than a LCD. Almost always DVI is sharper than D-Sub (D-Sub is the classic one you have seen for decades). Are you currently running the LCD at its native resolution? If not, then it will look much much worse than it will at its native. I'm assuming since its a 22" its native is 1680x1050.

It's native was what the resolution for my old monitor was. I adjusted it to 1680x1050 and ajusted the brightness, as well as tilted the monitor back a little bit. It looks a lot better.

All the high end panels can do it these days. My several years old Dell 2001FP can switch between DVI, D-SUB, S-Video and composite. Has PIP. The screen I want does Picture-by-picture.

The 24" and above Dell displays (and I guess some others) also have high-def inputs for 1080p :cool:

hmm, guess its too late to tell you about this now, but I'm eyeing either a 22" samsung for $260 or a 24" samsung for $460...

cant beat those prices. debating if the 24" is worth it...

/edit now that I think about it, I may just pick up 2 of those 22" lol

As I tell everyone else, why bother with a 22" when you can just go with a 24" and get a 1080p capable display?

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back