I Need Suggestions Guys!

Gotti

Andrew
hi there! i'm thinking about purchasing a notebook lately,because i'm studying at university during the week and i need a portable pc in order to work on my website...BUT:
1 i can't spend a lot of money(i'm italian ,i guess i ought to buy it on the internet from the usa )
2 I DON'T want windows vista in it(i heard too much bad things about it)

What could i choose?

Where are you buying it from?

Where are you taking it to?

What are you going to be using the notebook for and what are you studying at school?

What price-range are you looking at staying within?

What specific features MUST you have on the system?

What size/weight considerations are you needing?

Just a few questions to get started :)

Also, I highly recommend Vista for anyone. Granted there are some quibbles, but it is the fastest and most stable operating system I have personally used, both on my desktop and my notebook. Also, far fewer issues than I experienced with XP or Ubuntu 7.04.

Check out the refurbished Dell laptops ... (am I allowed to post a url?) ... really good machines, many still under warranty, at incredible prices.

You can also do an easy price/feature comparison.

Check out the refurbished Dell laptops ... (am I allowed to post a url?) ... really good machines, many still under warranty, at incredible prices.

You can also do an easy price/feature comparison.

Since it is for a recommendation, and you are not promoting a site you own, or have an vested interest in, yes it is perfectly fine.

Sazar: Vista the fastests OS? Hahahaha. That is hilarious.

That I have used, yes :)

Feisty and Gutsy are pretty snappy but given the oodles of time I had to spend just to be able to use my system @ native resolutions, I have to give them negatives on speed on that...

I prefer Sager myself(its an alienware with a different name, all made by clevo). The site I got mine from was
http://www.powernotebooks.com/category.php?catId=26

The site isnt the best looking in the world but the customer service is the best i have ever had.

I second that, Sager kicks serious ass. Awesome tech support and GREAT quality products. My sager is solid as a battle tank and sexy as a model, I have gotten lots of comments from people too. :D

I second that, Sager kicks serious ass. Awesome tech support and GREAT quality products. My sager is solid as a battle tank and sexy as a model, I have gotten lots of comments from people too. :D

I always whip mine out(the laptop) when their are ladies walking by

Ok ... I take it back. I'm not going to try to learn flirting technique from you after all!!

Since it is for a recommendation, and you are not promoting a site you own, or have an vested interest in, yes it is perfectly fine.

the url dellfinancialservices.com is blocked. But I swear that's where I was looking last week. Oh well. Maybe the computers fell off the back of a lorry.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back