I need so much help!

P

PHILLTHEDRILL

Ok this is for all of you techies out there who are smarter than I am, lol. Ok, I have continuous problems with the taskbar in windows xp disappearing. I found that it was due to some registry corruption of some kind called "stuckrects", and all I would have to do was to delete it, and reboot, and everything else would be fine. Well, the problems that I have is everytime I delete it and reboot, the disappearing taskbar comes back, and I look in the registry, and the "stuckrects" key is there again! Now, how the hell that thing keeps getting back in there is beyond me. I thought once you delete something from the registry that it would be gone forever. How does it keep getting back in there? If anyone can please help me, I would greatly appreciate it. It's beyond me. Thank you.

Try this, not sure it will work or not,

Boot up in safe mode, (press F8 right after the Bios screen, might have to press it more than once), choose safe mode, delete the entry in safe mode, reboot.

I'm not 100% this will work though. But worth a shot.

hey Iceman, I think it worked! I went into safemode and deleted it, went back into windows and it's not there! Whoo-hoo! Thanks so much for helping me figure it out. It was driving me crazy that I couldn't figure it out. It seems to be working correctly, so I appreciate your help. You are a true-techie, haha. Do you have any idea why it wouldn't delete in windows, but it would in safemode?

oh no!

after I rebooted the machine again, the stuck rects is back, and for some reason some of my programs have lost their settings. What does that?

not the slightest clue. the safe mode boot and delete would have been my recommendation also. i'd think about reinstalling, if its that troublesome.

just a thought, maybe you have some weird virus/spyware etc that's messing things up. Do a full virus scan and use adaware.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back